9.08.2009

All About Steve

So this weekend I went with some friends to watch the new Sandra Bullock movie, All About Steve. Now I personally love Sandra Bullock... in fact, she’s one of my top 3 favorite actresses... so I might be a little biased when I say...
 that I liked the film. I thought it was hilarious. I don't see why the critiques are giving it such bad reviews honestly. I will say that it's not as good as The Proposal... not even close, actually... but it holds its own.

The movie is about an eccentric crossword puzzle constructer, Mary (Bullock), chasing after a cameraman, Steve (Cooper), in hopes of convincing him that they are meant to be. Along the way she gets herself somehow involved in top news stories and eventually becomes one herself. In the mean time, Steve is trying desperately to find a way to lose her.

I thought it had a good storyline, funny scenes, and a good overall moral to the movie... I mean sure it’s a moral that is in pretty much every movie... but still a good one nonetheless. Sandra Bullock was hilarious and played the part well, as always... see what I mean by biased? Bradley Cooper was also good in the film. Not as hilarious as he was in the Hangover... a hilarious film that everybody should see btw... but sadly his character in this film didnt call for much comedy.

Other characters in the movie are Hartman who plays the reporter, Mary's friends, Howard and Elizabeth, and Angus, another part of the news team Steve works for.

So overall I would give the movie about a "C" or 2.5/5. It's not as bad as the critiques make it out to be. If I were you I would give it a chance. You might enjoy it like I did, and come out thinking it was hilarious.

I want to go see The Gamer this upcoming weekend. I'm hoping it has a ton of action!... and that I'm wrong about the storyline sounding crappy. I'll let you know how it is.

Cheers!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment